Hi everyone! In today's blog post, I will be reviewing a few products that I recently bought at Ulta. Some are ones that I've been dying to try and some are just ones that I needed to re-stock on! I'll tell you what I like (and don't like) about them all!
Like I've mentioned before, I LOVE trying new products. I'm constantly on the hunt for the next best thing and am super curious. Sometimes, I'm just like...how do I get my skin looking fabulous? What else can I do to take care of my skin? What are the best beauty products? Well, here are my thoughts on these 6 products.
1. Urban Decay 'Quick Fix' - (not pictured, because I returned it..left lots to be desired lol) I have been seeing these everywhere. It looks like UD came out with a new line of prep+prime sprays to go along with their settings sprays. I have the "All Nighter" which is a setting spray to make your makeup last a really long time, and I do love it. So I thought, well if that one is really good, these must be good too. Honestly, I don't really see the difference when I used this before my makeup. If anything, it made my makeup not apply as even as it did without it. I will be taking this product back and exchanging it for the 'B6' one as that one has vitamins in it, and is supposed to even your skin tone (hopefully better luck with this one!!). I'll let you know what I think once I try that one. I can't really find a good thing to say about this product. If you have this spray, please leave a comment and let me know if I'm using it wrong, and/or what you love about it? Also, does anyone else think the smell is a little funky?
2. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector - I have also heard a lot about this brand and finally caved and bought it. Frankly, I really liked how it looked on my skin. It blends so nicely and a little bit goes a LONG way. I definitely recommend only using a tiny bit! It gives your cheeks such a nice glow. After I put it on my cheekbones, I swipe the rest that's left on the brush on my forehead and nose. Definitely worth the splurge. It seems like it'll last a while!
3. NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil and NYX Retractable Eye Liner - These are the 2 products I've restocked. I use these interchangeably for eye liner and SWEAR by them. The jumbo eye pencil I will use for more of a smoky eye/going out look, but also sometimes everyday when I want my eyes to pop a bit more. It's smooth when it glides on so it doesn't tug on the gentle skin right below your eye. Did you know that the thinnest skin on your body is the skin on your eyelids? The retractable eye liner is definitely an everyday wear and I always buy it in the MPE15 Bronze color. I found that black is wayyyy too harsh, and dark brown didn't really look good on me either, so this is a perfect, soft way to line your eyes. AND...it's waterproof, but easily washes away with cleanser/face soap.
4. NYX Pro Fan Brush - I got this brush to use with the new Becca highlighter. I absolutely love it! It's so soft and it blends the product very nicely and evenly. I have always thought that the more expensive the brush the better, but honestly after trying these NYX brushes and also these IT Cosmetics brushes, I have converted over to using them instead. Definitely recommend it.
SIDE RANT ON BRUSHES: I heard someone once tell me their brand of brushes are "antimicrobial" which, honey, get your facts straight. Antimicrobial means "destroying or inhibiting the growth of micro-organisms" according to Merriam Webster. I don't see how the brush itself can be antimicrobial, more like the bristles are coated with something that repels the bacteria, right? To-may-to, to-mah-to? Let me know if I'm wrong! Just seemed to make more sense to me. And in all honesty, I think EVERY brush needs to be cleaned every few weeks, they all get build-up, regardless of the marketing tactics brands use to sell them. I went ahead and Googled "antimicrobial brushes" for you and this set came up; it even says "Each of these professional-quality brushes is treated with a non-toxic, hypoallergenic compound that attacks and destroys harmful bacteria."
5. Sally Hansen Color Therapy Nail polish in 470 (Cool Cucumber) - This is one of my favorite colors ever! I am a huge fan of the dark green. Will paint my nails tomorrow and let you know what I think.
6. Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics - I didn't actually buy this with my most recent Ulta haul, but I figured I would include it with my review since I've been using this for about a month now. Usually I don't wear matte eyeshadows, but once I tried these I quickly started to love them! The shadows go on super smooth and blend very easily. It's a simple way to wear a neutral "naked" look for everyday, or spice it up for a smoky evening eye.
7. Lancome Dual Finish Powder - Save the best for last! I have used this powder for almost 15 years now. I swear by this powder and no one will ever convince me to switch to another (um, unless this one is discontinued, then Lord help me find another)! This is the one product that I religiously buy every 4-5 months. I use shade Bisque II in the summer when I'm more tan, and shade Buff II in the late Fall and Winter months when my tan wears off.
So, like I mentioned, if you have the Urban Decay spray or any of them really, let me know how you like them! Leave a comment with what you love (or hate!) about it or any other products that you love and recommend!
Thanks for stopping by!